Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Three Day Testosterone Challenge Part 3

First about the Donkey! EC was teaching me to copy and paste pics to my blog. For some reason he Googled donkey images to use as an example. I'm going to assume this was not some deviously creative way of calling me an ass. Anyway we both got a chuckle out of it and I've decided to leave him there as my mascot! It looks like birds are building nests on him-I wonder if he's noticed.

Back to our story still in progress:

When we last visited our red-neck Ozark mountain hideaway- oops, I mean our weekend house in the Finger Lakes with our crew of suburban teenagers ,we were enjoying the gentle ping of BBs on aluminium (it sounds even better if you say ah-loo-min-ium like they do in England). The pinging gave way to the roar of the dirtbikes creating a lovely time trial racing vista in the back forty. Hard to believe I wasn't outside soaking up the entertainment isn't it? Actually I was enjoying a new personal ritual called washing two meals worth of dishes for eight people-by hand! Now you can see how easy my choice was shooting/dirtbikes or washing 10,000 dishes. We needed something to eat our next meal off of and I couldn't throw everything away and buy new like my brother's college roomates. I do have a dishwasher -this isn't the Ozarks yo, however due to water leaking beyond our control it was necessary to either pull it out to fix it or disconnect it. Given the looks of the dishwasher and the fact that if we were lucky we would only find bones of past vermin it seemed the safer thing to just disconnect it. Also- both of us shoddied not doing it(shoddy not is teenager for "Dude, I am so not doing that !") By the time I had completed the dishes it was time to feed the masses again-what a rollercoaster!
After dinner,which only had a little bit of food launched about the diningroom (none of it into the fan for a change) The boys continued to come up with new ways to amuse themselves and attract law enforcement. EC decided they should kayak across the river(still partially frozen) and build a fort to sleep in. Personally, 12 degrees is not camping weather in my opinion and the boys(except EC) agreed. EC insisted he would keep a fire going all night. This really underscored the beauty of the plan. The other side of the river is actually private property and I'm sure no one would notice the fire burning and call the police. What a wonderful way to stay out of trouble don't you think? Fortunately, EC was convinced (barely) that a night in a warm bed would be a better plan and went to bed right away because he was pissed at everyone.
Tomorrow-Ski/Boarding at Bristol Mountain !

No comments: