Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Odds and Ends

February 22,2009
Oops! Mark this blog FIDU-found in drafts unposted-how blonde of me. Apparently among the many things I forget on a daily basis (kid's names,pet's names,things I'm cooking on the stove) I forgot to post this. So enjoy trying to figure out which blog entry matches which update-bonne chance:

Here are some updates on some of my past rants.

Weather
As usual the local weathermen were wrong again last night. This time in our favor-We got 3" of REAL SNOW !!! Of course, even as it's coming down some idiot doing the weather report says it's tapering off and all roads are just wet and we only got a dusting. Much to EC's delight I felt compelled to do a sweet fishtail on the snow covered road just to celebrate the weathermans error. YC even got 2 hour delay from school! Don't you just love snow?!

Creature Double Feature
The dogs are better finally. Frank the cat threw up this morning but that's just one of several unsavory hobbies he enjoys. Others involve a certain stuffed dog and licking his private parts in public. The Elkhounds in the snow are a joy to behold. They are so cute when they come to door with snow all over their faces and ask to be let in. Actually, they want us to come out so we usually just end up letting the door slam in their faces. If it happens enough we may add a swear word-they don't seem to care.

The Ice Rink
We're still encountering some problems with retaining water although the current cold snap seems to be helping a bit. At least we can light it up like the Washington Monument if we want to look at it at night. EC and his friends have finally found a pond they are actually allowed to skate on so I guess the project is headed for some some alternative use like cranberry bog or really redneck baby pool. The kids want to fence it in and put a goat in it so we can watch it stand on top of it's little hut.Of course my husband suggested a wild boar as alternative. I'm reasonably sure we're not zoned for that little foray into farming!

What I Forgot a Couple Blogs Ago
The billboard on the side of the road advertising FIREWORKS!!! for personal use, celebrations and fund raising. I know I'm sick of my kid coming home from school trying get me to buy that lame wrapping paper and those useless books and magazines. Honestly-give me something I can blow body parts off with and Ill fork over the big bucks. As an aside it could cut down on classroom overcrowding.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
I may have to reconsider some adult comments about a lack of respect from kids these days. I stand by my statements about teenagers-they give what they get, no question about it! But I have to complain about middle school kids on ski trips-if I ever again have to put up with the level of rudeness I saw a couple of Fridays ago I'm gonna start tying kids to ski racks and washing their mouths out with soap. A nice 2 day course on etiquette wouldn't be out of line either. And I am definately not impressed by three kids standing in front of me discussing their drug of choice for making it through the school day! This was especially amazing because one of the faves was cocaine which even if I wanted to get hooked on I couldn't afford! Leading me to assume that, since he was not old enough to get a job, he was using his Christmas and birthday money to feed his habit. Dear Grandma-thanks for the $100. I bought some sweet blow with it and it really helped me to stay awake and score a solid" C "on my Drug and Alchohol Use Test. Love Billy.

By the way in case you're wondering about my drug knowledge I got from YC's health class-they make sure the kids in Middle School know all dope on dope. That way if there's actually a kid who doesn't know anything about how drugs affect you (from the TV, yo!) they can make an informed decision about which one they might enjoy the affects of the most! I'm kidding- JUST SAY NO to drugs!
But I do worry sometimes about all this education about things kids might not know about in the first place at that age. I guess kids get exposed to stuff at younger ages than we adults ever did. It's too bad they're not innocent a little longer.

No comments: